Don't blame me, blame Animal Collective!
My last post was on Forever 21. I think I'm obsessed with that store these days. Mostly all of my outfits consist of at least one trendy, affordable morsel from the aforementioned 21. Including this Rihanna-esque jacket with the exaggerated shoulders.
Other things that have been rocking my boat lately include, but are not limited to:
- Anything by Bloc Party. Kele Okereke's voice among the electro-rock business of their latest album, Intimacy is something that must be heard by mass audiences.
- Donnie Darko. Seriously, I must have seen this movie at least eight times. Doesn't hurt that Jake Gyllenhaal is the cutest little mentally-disturbed teenager ever!
Also, since spring is coming up--though one would never be able to figure it out since it's still snowing here in Chicago--I've got my eye on some very stylish shorts.
Clockwise from top left
- The boyfriend short: Perfect to wear with an oversized tee or a white-button up. Pair with ballerina flats or even sneakers. For a dressier look, try a blazer with a white t-shirt and heels.
- Cut-off shorts: When worn properly, they can look quite flattering, and sexy, not slutty. Pair these with a cardigan or a feminine blouse and flats or sandals.
- Leather shorts: For the daring girls. Again, wear with caution, and make sure that they surpass the booty cheek, or you'll end up like this.
- Graphic printed shorts: These will be your best friend in the summer. Since they already have a print on them, let them be the centerpiece of the outfit and keep everything else simple. Black thong sandals and a white t-shirt (or button-up) are a classic way to wear these stylish shorts.